"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Tuesday 20 May 2008

Friends of all ages.

I have taken five to blog so I don't have a whole week to catch up on again;-))

We had one of our home ed group friends over for the afternoon yesterday and Emily and her little six year old boy got on really well, as the weather was nice they spent most of the time in the garden.It was not warm enough for us to sit out so we sat in and chatted which was very pleasant indeed and we got to know each other a little better.We had made some cookies and luckily there was nothing in them that E was allergic to so he managed three of them;-)) We had made some fresh play dough up as well but that wasn't required so I must remember it is in the cupboard and get it out sometime before it goes off!!

Alan went off to his Tai chi and in past weeks Emily has waited up for him,however she came in from playing in the garden at 7.00 looking really tired,I said I was going in a bath and would she like to join me and she said she would and then go to bed.We had a giggle in the bath,we really need a much bigger tub now she is growing so much!!! Into bed to read The Golden Compass (We had started it some time ago but had not got too far into it and it was put to one side,listening to the end of the trilogy on story CD had sparked her wanting to pick it back up again) usually when I say I am going to stop reading she asks for more but tonight she just said "goodnight" and gave hugs and kisses and rolled over and got settled and was asleep quite quickly.That's two nights when she has decided to go up early.She didn't wake til 9 this morning so is obviously needing even more sleep than is usual for her, and she is a girl who likes/needs a lot of rest.

Tonight is definately not going to be an early night as we have E here for a sleepover.We picked her up around 5.30 to come back here for tea.One of the things I love about her is that although she is 14 she really likes to role play and the two of them like the same stuff so tonight has been a "game"(for want of a better word) involving Spiderwick and Golden Compass characters.We lit the chimanea(logs are drier so no smoke and pleased to say we are not smelling like a bonfire)played a game of pass the pigs and a couple of card games before coming in at 8.30, them to watch some primeval on DVD and me to wash up and tidy round,Al finished watering the veggies and then sat in front of the fire in the garden having a well deserved five minutes quiet thinking time.

No comments: