"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Saturday 16 May 2009

Meeting old friends for the very first time?

On Thursday I stepped far out of my comfort zone and met up with a friend I had known online since I began this blog,in fact she left the first comment for me :-)

Michelle and Marcus and the delightful Chloe from To the Manor born were up in our neck of the woods and we met up at Muncaster Castle.

I can't tell you how nervous I had been.So many what ifs going through my head!!!

I like to feel this blog gives a fairly accurate picture of me but as no one else I know reads it that was hard to tell for sure;-)I also have lot's of time to think/edit what I say on here and in real life when I am tired/nervous I often find myself struggling, as what I intended to say doesn't make it from my brain to my mouth and becomes an incoherent babble:-)

Anyhow we travelled to meet them very excited/nervous.When we were walking up the drive to the Castle I saw a mane of white blond hair flowing in the wind and could see what I thought was Chloe on the zip line in the playground.I said to Emily that I thought it was them and she just grasped me and buried her face in my sleeve saying "don't say it, don't say it" she was so excited that she didn't want to get too hopeful in case it wasn't her and she would have been disappointed:-)

It was Marcus and Chloe and I waved to them. I could see no sign of Michelle and decided it might be best to go into the area we had said to meet at 12 just in case she was there,she wasn't so we went out to introduce ourselves to Marcus and Chloe and as the bells from the church rang out and Michelle came running down the terrace, where she had been exploring, and gave me a big hug.

We had a fabulous day and chatted easily and it was as if we had in fact known each other for ages.

They kindly invited us back to the campsite and Marcus cooked us a lovely meal.The girls got on really well,chatting,bouncing,swinging,climbing,two falls, one spectacular bump out of a tree for Chloe at bluebell heaven in Muncaster and a fall off a gate, breaking a bracelet from best friend A, for Emily:-(
No lasting damage to either of the girls:-)

After seeing their tent,heater,carpet and loo amongst other things make it my kind of camping;-)I think we will be investing next year.The campsite was first rate with clean facilities and it is one I will mention to the local home edders as a place to go for an overnight/weekend camp for our group.It is in easy travelling distance but very secluded.

I then drove home on roads I have never been on before late at night,that is quite something for me!!Emily was buzzing too,she was so happy and said it was a fantastic day!!

I had such a great day and also stretched myself in so many ways that will make it much easier to do it again now:-)

We are looking forward to seeing them again on Tuesday when they come here for lunch and we will head off to show them some of the sights round here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! So happy for you that it went so well and Emily made a good friend.
I am sure tuesday will be as great, you lucky!
Take care xx
Pat

Shirl said...

Fantastic! It's always lovely to meet up with new friends. I hope Tuesday is just as good ... :0)

Shirl x

Jax Blunt said...

They are indeed lovely ppl, Big is one of C's biggest fans :)

Michelle said...

Feel all glowy reading this! You two are great company, wish we lived nearer. xx