"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Saturday 6 June 2009

Saturday here.....

Our days always start in a very relaxed way,it takes me a while to come round and so by necessity I treat myself gently in a morning and don't rush around.Milly has never really been a morning person either and has been waking around 9.30/10.00 lately.When it is a work morning Al is up at 6.00 but on weekends may have a lie in till 8.00:-)He quite likes to get up and get going,he likes to be kept busy.He was up first, with me shortly after,while Milly snoozed on...

After walking Beauty, Alan got back and sat with a cuppa,getting in touch with his feminine side, reading my trashy mag;-)



I had baked off some sweet potato's yesterday to make a sweet potato cake today.I can't make enough, Emily and Alan adore it and so does everyone else that's eaten it.I got the recipe from a blog and I can't remember which one but here is the recipe.I just use two bread tins to cook it in and use a food processor so it is a very easy cake to make.



We had no plans this morning so when Emily did get up she decided to watch some W.I.T.C.H, while we were nearby finishing baking,reading.



Beauty did what Beauty does, and chilled out...



Alan went off to play with Emily.It is an ongoing game involving some W.I.T.C.H characters they have been playing on the walks each night.While they were busy,I eventually got around to clearing the kitchen cupboards.
They don't look as bad from this distance but things were falling on top of me whenever I attempted to get anything out to bake.



There were an embarrassing amount of things out of date,which although wasteful meant more space so I could spread things out a little.Once I had cleaned the sticky,icky shelves.

We decided to watch a film together and as we had just bought Slumdog Millionaire we started that .Milly wasn't keen and after an hour we turned it off and watched another one we hadn't seen, The Mummy(3) instead.

Alan then finished painting some garden furniture and I got on with the tea prep.Delia Smiths Braising steak in green peppercorn sauce, a simple but delicious and mouth watering Recipe.I can't find it on line but it is in an old complete cookery course book I have.Haven't got time now but may come back and put the recipe on cos it really is delish :-)



Once I had it in the oven I had a couple of hours,so went off to play a hospital game with Emily,I was the nurse and she was the patient,reminded me of Chloe as we had something similar when we were in the tent I remember:-))

Then I got in a bath and read for a while before hair washed and tea prep.

Lovely meal then TV and blogging before I head off to bed with Milly to watch the end of Slumdog whilst she snoozes off.....

That was our Saturday, how was yours?xx

4 comments:

Michelle said...

you need lots of bandages to play the game properly :-)

parcels have arrived btw - thank you. Proper thankyou will be with you shortly (i hope - we can be a bit slow around here) but just wanted to let you know they arrived fine. And that you are very lovely (if slightly incorrigible)xx

Jax Blunt said...

sounds like a lovely way to spend a day :)

Lynn said...

Michelle,I'm glad they arrived safely.Hope c got a nice surprise:-) I do like to surprise people.xx

Jax it was nice:-)
Sometimes the weekends can feel like a marathon trying to fit in time as a family and still get the jobs done,yesterday just seemed to flow a little easier.xx

sunnymama said...

Sweet potato cake sounds awesome! Thanks for the link to the recipe :)