"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Monday 24 January 2011

Monday.....

I am sitting at my desk - supposedly doing next weeks Menu and food list - I keep getting distracted.

 Facebook and email stuff keep calling to me but the most amusing distraction came from Milly.
She came up behind me asking "How do I look?"
As we had bought her some new lacy fingerless gloves and a handbag today ( early Birthday presents )  I thought she would have created an outfit to show them off to me.
I paused and before looking round said that I was prepared to be stunned:-)
Oh... how stunned was I!!!
She had padded out one of my bras with socks and had a halterneck t'shirt on and the gloves.
It was absolutely hilarious ( if slightly disconcerting to see her with 38f *boobs* ) to watch her prancing around :-)

We have had a wonderful day.
A very good friend and her son came to visit this morning.The children enjoyed playing and we enjoyed chatting :-) Maria also brought Sushi and cake so that made the visit even more special ;-))

 They left mid afternoon and we went out shortly afterwards to go to the Gym.I never thought I would ever say (write) those words.I have never been a sporty type, I always had very physical jobs and enjoyed walking, but sport or going to the Gym just never appealed. M.E meant that for quite a few years I was unable to do anything. Over the years I have gradually been able to do more and walk further.
The Spa membership we have taken out was initially a way to make exercise fun for Milly and I - she loves being in the water - and because of the pool, sauna, and steam room. The added benefit was the positive impact they have on my aches and pains. Another plus was the freedom we have to go swimming as often as we like at any time we want to.
An unexpected added benefit is proving to be the exercise bike and the treadmill. Milly is enjoying using them and I go ( very slowly )  next to her.We have our music on and had such a giggle today.
From the Gym into the pool where we spent an hour and a half playing and having fun.When I go into the Sauna - Milly joined me for all of 2 minutes today :-) - I sit so that I can see her in the pool - she never stops - diving down for the plastic fish we take in or simply twirling in the water.We also have a few games that keep us busy and laughing ;-)
So much fun and what a really great way to connect with her.
The drive always includes music, interesting conversations and provides an opportunity to talk about anything that is bothering us - funny how much easier these conversations flow when you are not
 face to face.:-)

Alan has had a trial but has decided against getting a membership.He has a back condition that means he can't use a lot of the equipment in the gym and he doesn't enjoy swimming - he would go with Milly but  wouldn't go on his own. So it wouldn't be cost effective for him.

So far in the 10 days since we joined Emily and I  have been 4 times together and I have been 3 times on my own. I have been going later in the evening or stop off after I have been shopping. On these occasions I swim a few lengths but take my book, my phone, which has music and a Karma clearing meditation on, and I use the sauna and jacuzzi - much more about relaxation than exercise on those occasions.

Being with Emily so much is a blessing and I would not change a thing.I have struggled to find a balance though.I find I can't rest/relax as well at home, even when she is occupied with her own stuff ( this is happening more and more as she gets older ) I am always *on* anticipating and expecting a request for help, food or whatever. Having the ability to go to the pool to switch of totally and relax is already having a knock on effect in our daily life.I feel calmer and can be fully present in the times when I am with Emily knowing that I have the relaxing time at the pool to look forward to.
Priceless.....

1 comment:

Sam said...

That sounds wonderful! Great that you can go together and on your own to recharge your batteries.

Utterly envious ;-)