"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Saturday 5 March 2011

Best laid plans and all that! Saturday....

Girls had a good time last night:-) Kept to the pinky promise Milly had made with Lisa and girls were in bed by 11.30.I went in the bath and read for a while. On my way to bed I popped my head in to make sure they were settling down.All quiet - said goodnight, got into bed and settled down. I find it hard to switch off when I have other peoples children in the house - it's a responsibility you know ;-)
Within a short space of time a little head poked around the door...El and Amy had come to tell me that Milly was crying and felt sick!

She was on the landing so I thanked the girls and asked them to head back to bed and I would help Milly. Nobody likes being sick but Milly 'really' hates feeling sick.I calmed her down and gave her a remedy and after a while she got back into bed. I didn't hear anything else and eventually I dozed off.

They woke around nine and Milly was ok but very pale and although she didn't have a temp she was very clammy.Talked about changing plans as she didn't want to go in the car to Crummock.We decided it would be best if we met Liz at a park in Carlisle and I could give El back and Milly could come with me if she wanted. So that's what we arranged - will get to Crummock at some point - maybe third attempt lucky:-))

About an hour before we were due to set off Milly said she felt ok and would like to come with us.She was anxious but worked through it.
I was very proud of her.

Charlie dog was with Liz and Katherine :-) So a short walk, a play on the park, an ice cream and cola for the girls and tea for the Mum's. After a couple of hours we said goodbye.Was cold but very enjoyable.
Journey back, singing along to loud music with the late afternoon sunshine making for a very pleasant ride home.Milly and El texted back on forth on the way home and then talked on the phone when we got back - Milly got snuggled into bed listening to a story cd and on facebook with El.

Alan had planned to use this weekend to get as much done as he could in the three rooms left to paint. The intention was to paint the ceilings in all the rooms, as that didn't require any furniture to be moved and would mean no disruption in the coming week. I got back and all the furniture in the sun room had been moved and he had put a coat on the ceiling and started to paint the walls! Hmmm another detour from the initial plans. He decided to crack on and try to get the one room finished this weekend....

I had planned to go to the pool.I knew that it would really help with aches and pains but I also wanted to crawl into bed :-) Eventually plumped for the pool and sauna and got there about ten past four. Took my book in and my phone with a visualization meditation on. Swam a little and then lay in the sauna ( Bliss) came out and had a cold shower ( not such bliss - but effective treatment ) I went back through to the pool area - to settle down to read and listen to the meditation  - I noticed the lights in the Gym were turned off! I asked a couple who were on the loungers when the pool closed and they said five o'clock - by now it was quarter to:-( Ah well, I had time to go in the Jacuzzi ( more bliss) and the came home slightly earlier than planned. 

Milly was still snuggled in bed with laptop and story when I got in.
Al has walked Beauty and we are having a very simple tea and plan to chill and watch TV.The way things have been going I won't hold my breath that will actually happen ;-))

Happy Saturday to you. xxx



No comments: