"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Friday 4 March 2011

Friday....

Friends came to play today!

I got up and got vacuumed and then had a leisurely bath and read my book whilst Milly ate and watched Friends on her portable DVD player.I then started cooking and putting things to keep warm for lunch when Liz and the children got here.Milly glammed herself up and looked beautiful...



 


Guests arrived at twelve thirty and although we don't see them often the children breeze in and everyone just starts playing/talking as if it were only yesterday they saw each other! Liz and I also set about talking as I continued to keep one of my brain cells on cooking! So easily distracted and have had too many near accidents lately - however I managed to get the lunch on the table without incident. :-)

The children then went out around the village for 45 minutes and I got cleared up whilst we chatted some more! Milly got changed ( as you do!) Then off to the Pencil Museum in Keswick.
 It is a quaint old fashioned place and the staff have always been lovely.The cafe serves tasty food and they have a small room where you can sit and draw and try out all the different types of pencils ( in the holidays they often have artists demonstrating in there ) they sell - a good length of time could be spent in there.The shop is well stocked with appealing stock. They have trails for the children to do - these are just fact finding questions and I have a child who is not really into that at all and it seemed the others weren't either! To be fair there was a great deal of excitement about being together and I think that played a part. Having said that I took over doing the questions for Milly so she could get the 'prize' at the end and I was bored to tears trying to find the info.Maybe it's just us?


On to The Puzzling place which was a hit. Lots of illusions and holograms. Quite expensive entry for what it is,  but very intriguing.
Just a few examples...







Back home to cobble together a meal. A phone call to Amy to see if she was available to play and yes indeed she was.She came round for an hour and when they walked her back to her house a sleepover was hatched! El asked to stay as well - so we have two extra in the house tonight! They have sworn a pinky promise to L ( Amy's Mum ) that they will go to bed early as she has things to do tomorrow and also another sleepover tomorrow night. I am exhausted so will be keeping them to that promise!

Liz is coming all the way back ( one and a half hours ) to pick El up. We have a dog walk around Crummock planned before they head back home again....
Then on to the pool for a relaxing sauna and chill out with my book for me I think!!

3 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Loved reading that, sounds like such a fun day :)

Hugs
Jules x

Shirl said...

Blimey, busy, busy, busy!

Shirl x

from the bottom of my broken heart said...

Hi Mummy x I loved that post xx but you need the videos offa my iPod :) love you it was a brill day exsepd for the feeling sick part :P :P :( :'( love you xx