"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Monday 7 March 2011

Monday...

Out by twelve to the Cranial Osteopath appointment for Milly.
Had a nice chatty time with Judith and she reminded me of the Center for Life in Newcastle.It is a place I have wanted to take Milly and as Judith explained some of the exhibits she had seen Milly was very excited and keen to go! Must check carefully that the one she was most keen on is still there before we plan anything.

Over the last few days plans to visit Flamingo land and stay for a few nights have been talked about with eagerness, as has a visit to Blackpool! Four days apparently. One for the pleasure beach, one for the wet and wild type pool, one to explore and one for the Tower... So nice to have her thinking of the joy to be had on visits rather than the immediate anxiety about travel and proximity to a loo. Those fears are still very much in evidence and we are dealing with them daily, but I believe - handled correctly - they will keep fading until they are no longer an issue.

Lunch at Morrison's and then on to Impact Housing to see if they had any furniture we could use in the sun room. We want more seating - preferably a corner type settee... Nothing today. Judging by the prices they had on some really tatty furniture ( vastly increased on the stock I have seen over the years -
wouldn't mind paying the price if the furniture was half decent but these were nasty )  might be better looking elsewhere.Will keep trying for a while just in case...

Back home and I asked Milly if she wanted to join me in the garden for a cuppa.We had talked about lighting the chiminea but we had got home later than expected and I had a lasagna to make so that wasn't possible. She had put the tele on and I was surprised when she said yes of course!


Blue skies wherever we looked.warm enough to go without a jacket...




Got anything for little ole me?



No! Oh OK.
Pity, I'm hungry...


Milly told me a story about Beauty and we headed in after about half an hour or so.
I expected her to go and watch tele but when I asked if she wanted to cook with me she said yes! Yay...
She started to move the fruit bowl and other bits of the island unit and assumed her usual position to 'cook'.
The story continued as she watched me ;-)



Cat dancing...



Urgh are those going in the tea?


Remember Mum, chopping onions requires a teaspoon in your mouth - yes I know... but it does work!



Shimmy, while checking out the Cd to see what song is next...


Dad home. walk with him and Beauty whilst I finish tea - Dad gets to hear Beauty's story on the walk.

Home for tea - Milly decided to have hers watching TV and Alan and I sat together at the table discussing the day.

Ten minute tickle for Alan and Emily before he got ready to go to Tai chi.

Not too sure what we are going to do with the rest of the evening.Cup cakes were mentioned today and experimenting with butter icing - maybe leave that for Milly and Granny to do together tomorrow whilst I am at my meditation group. I know I have the menus and list to do at some point tonight - going shopping tomorrow night. I will ask Milly if she wants to play, then get my nightie on and settle down I think....

No comments: