"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 6 March 2011

Sunday....

Al got cracking with painting the sun room bright and early and was in full swing when I came down around nine.

He stopped for a cuppa and sat with me whilst I ate breakfast. I've got a thing for seeded bread lightly spread with nutella and peanut butter at the mo :-)
 I then got on with some jobs and made a few calls. Milly surfaced around twelvish.
I made her breakfast - which she took back upstairs and Alan and I had lunch.

Chatted through the options for the day and Milly decided she didn't want to go out at all - offered Crummock or the pool - she was tired and still feeling under the weather.She was happy to stay home and gathered all her books on Egypt and took them upstairs as part of a game she had going on.

There were a few food items we needed so I went to do that and then spent some time at the pool. I have been having ice cold showers after I go in the sauna and steam room and based on this information it sounds a good thing to continue...

Back home and a quick clean round the bathroom and ten minutes with Milly in her room to straighten it after the sleepover.I think Milly 'gets' the idea that little and often keeps on top of things but sometimes it is overwhelming, especially if a really good play session means lots of boxes have been emptied out and it all just snowballs out of control. I tend to offer my services regularly and encourage her to join in for short bursts - works sometimes and she takes me up on it and and other times she declines my offer. Sometimes I have the time and energy to do it myself and surprise her with a tidy room :-)

Started to prep tea and got a surprise visit from my Sister and her husband,bearing three dining chairs and a couple of bags of books for us to look through to see if there was anything we could use. Cuppa and a catch up and then on with the tea when they left for home.
We all ate at the table together, we don't always sit at the table to eat together, it depends what people are doing. When it fits we do sit down together and tonight it fitted ;-) We chatted for a quite a while after we had eaten. Then after tummy's had settled it was tickle time ;-) 

Alan has not managed to complete the sun room but what he has done is looking good. He starts a weeks holiday on Friday. At this time of year we normally go away for a few days - as Emily was so anxious we decided not to book anything so she didn't have to worry about an upcoming event. We decided instead to have a holiday at home and go to the pool - we can take books and spend as much time as we want in there, walk round the lakes, have some meals out and generally just chill out at home. We have decided that the decorating will continue until the Tuesday and then it is down tools and we are all on holiday ;-)

No comments: