"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 27 July 2011

A repeat performance with extras...


The day started in a similar way to yesterday.
Alan had gone back into work and I got up about 8.30. I had to clear some paperwork and await a couple of calls before I could head out to the sun though.

By the time I got out the clouds had taken over. No matter,  it was warm and I decided to listen to a guided meditation outside.
I had company. Miss Beauty got as close to me as she could - without actually sitting on me - and I meditated whilst stroking her:-)) 


 Milly had asked to be woken by 10.30 which I did before I started. As she hadn't appeared by the time I had finished it was obvious she had fallen asleep again . I woke her and she then chatted to El on the phone before having breakfast and then calling Amy to see if she could come round.

Amy did come round and the two of them got in the pool.


After an hour or so Amy's little sister and brother made an unexpected but pleasurable appearance and joined in the fun for a while:-)



Morgan having a deliberate dunking/capsize as part of a game they were playing.



My Sister and Nephew arrived and Amy and Milly walked the two younger guys home before coming back to go in the pool some more!

I had a lovely chat with Paula and Alex ( I do love that boy ) no sooner sat down in the sun with a cup of tea than Alan arrived home.The day had flown in. The girls got out of the pool and joined us for a while before heading to another table to draw. Alex filled me in on all his latest exploits and then spent some time chatting with the girls.

Alan had to take the car into the garage so he drove there and took Beauty with him so he could have a long walk back with her.

Bratz and monster high play for the girls.


I started the tea. I had intended to have a BBQ but time had ran away and it was quicker to do on the griddle inside than waiting for the coals to be ready. We haven't had a BBQ this year - must rectify that!
We ate outside in the last of the evening sun.

 I helped Alan to clear away all the cushions from loungers and chairs and picked up all the toys and lolly sticks from the grass. The pool was skimmed of debris and the cover put on. Washing was taken down from the line and the dinner pots were washed. It didn't feel like a chore though. I enjoy the tidying in the warmth of the evening after a long day in the sun, I find it quite therapeutic.

The girls have wangled a sleepover and are still outside on the grass doing what they do :-)

I have had a long hot bath.
I read my book then exfoliated and covered myself in cocoa butter with shimmer from the body shop.
I smell good and glitter like a twilight vampire in the sun:-))

A break in the weather tomorrow with rain forecast.
The forecast is good for the weekend though so fingers crossed for more blue skies.



No comments: