"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Celebration of Milly's Birth....


Milly's Celebration Tree...

When Milly - then known as Emily ;-)) - was born we decided to plant around the base of the large Sycamore tree to celebrate her Birth.
We could see the area from the living room and thought it would be nice to have a progression of plants flowering from around her Birthday in February to look out on.
First to pop up are snowdrops and then - as they go over - there are some really beautiful white Bluebells to take their place. The white Rhododendron is also now full of flowers.
 My picture doesn't really do it justice but as I looked out this evening it was almost glowing in the dusky light.
After the flowers fade of these two there is some ground cover planting that has small white flowers on and  a rather splendid Clematis ( climbs up the trellis ) with large flowers but it seems to have died and no new shoots are visible. I will replace it though as it really did look fabulous from around June time.

White signifies purity and perfection and can represent a successful beginning.
White symbolizes wholeness, openness, truth and kindness.

No comments: