"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Today has...

by necessity ( Migraine starting and very achy body )  begun with a slow transition from bed to movement and the stretching exercises the Physio has given me to do. 
These exercises have significantly decreased the pain I have had in my shoulder and - even though today is not evidence of it - the amount of Migraines I have been having :-) 

The morning routine of picking up, hanging up and transferring back to where things belong - as I move from the bathroom to downstairs - was an easy process today. No soggy towels from late night baths, no empty shampoo bottles that haven't found their way to the bin, no cups or other crockery to take down, a solitary piece of clothing to put into the laundry basket and a few to hang in the wardrobe....

The sun is shining and although the urge to curl up on the sofa is quite strong I resist and put the kettle on for hot water and lemon and take a pill to ease my head. A few pots to wash and then sit in the sun room and enjoy the sun on my back. 

The medication has started to take effect..... 
Some time enjoying the peace of the morning with a snoozing Beauty snoring at my feet and a browse on here.

Sister and Brother in law for supper later.... Turkey lasagna, salad and garlic bread to prepare. A stroll round the garden later to cut some foliage to add to the daffodils already decorating the table. ..

Today is an ideal day to live slowly, mindfully and focus on the many good things I have in my life.
<3 <3 <3 


2 comments:

Emma Wigginton said...

life is full of the small things...hope you're feeling better now...just go with the flow xxx

Lynn said...

Feeling much better thanks Emma <3 The flow was slow but highly enjoyable :-)) x