"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Sunday 15 July 2012



From Milly's blog 
Lynn here :-))
We have been thinking of ideas to keep the blog updated and to get more people reading with the hope that will encourage people to donate and we can raise as much money as possible for Cancer research.

Milly wrote this on her JustGiving page

A few months ago I watched the film "My Sister's Keeper" About a girl with cancer, it touched me deeply, there was a bit were she was saying she was a freak for being bald and I thought about it and got to this, shaving my hair off for cancer research charity.

We are very aware that Milly is making a choice to loose her hair and that many people with Cancer don't have that choice.
As we share Milly's story of her fundraising efforts we thought it would be apt to hear from people who have been through / still going through Cancer to hear their story about the process of loosing their hair and how it affected them.

We don't mean to be insensitive. 
Nor do we want to make light of the situation - unless of course that is part of your story and how you coped.  

If you feel that you would be able to write your story and share it on here or I would love to hear from you.
If  you know of someone who may feel able to please pass on this request. 
You can write it and send it to me to be posted on the blog. 
My email is bamberh@aol.com. 


" Stay strong and shine on" <3

No comments: