"Although I speak from my own experience, I feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable for you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is off no use, then you can discard it." Dalai Lama...

Wednesday 1 June 2011

I learn.....

Gill posted a link on facebook.
From a very interesting  post I entered the world of linkdom and found another post

These words struck a chord and describe Milly's day's perfectly - especially the daydreaming ;-)

The world doesn't divide neatly into different subjects, and you can’t tell right from the outset what a seemingly unimportant question, interest, or TV show obsession will lead to.I learn from: wandering, wondering, listening, reading, watching, discussing, running, writing, daydreaming, searching, researching, meditating, hibernating, playing, creating, growing, doing, helping, and everything else that comprises the day to day happenings of my life.

Unschooling, at its heart, is nothing more complicated or simple than the realization that life and learning are not two separate things. And when you realize that living and learning are inseparable, it all starts to truly make sense.

 We cannot know the inner workings of someone else's mind, we look at them *playing * and we cannot see the connections being made and know where they will take someone.
I don't intend to put roadblocks in Milly's path of learning by interfering, thinking I know what is best for her....
Edited to add.. I posted before I added...
However I will point out interesting detours and she may or may not choose to go down to check it out...

2 comments:

Maire said...

Really enjoying reading your blog, I am on avery similar par
Th although struggling with roadblocks atm, nice to get some inspiration.

Lynn said...

Hi Maire, so glad you enjoy the blog and thank you for saying so:-)Don't hesitate to email if you think I could be of any help with the *roadblock* - even if I can't help it is sometimes just good to talk through a problem and sometimes we find we knew the answer any way .... xxxx